Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Mauritius anybody been? whats it like? I'm thinking of going

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by incitatus, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Mrs Incitatus and I are looking for somewhere to go on holiday. Now my job got me around a bit over the years, but I have never been to Mauritus. It looks good on paper, but has anybody been there, and what can you tell me about it?

2. My brother & his mrs went a few years ago as she is related to there. Cant remember much of what he said apart from absolutely beautiful place & he would definately return. When I have a chat to him later, will either post up or PM you with more info ?!
  3. Ooooooooooh!

It's one of those places where the water at the beach is the same colour as the girly drinks with blue Curaco in them :eek:

Inci must be rich!

Just take your bestest Hawaiian drug-dealer shirt, and get a massage from a hot girl on the beach and I doubt you'd come back with any complaints.
  4. I've heard it's crap, but that might be a Mauritius rumour. :LOL:

Regards, Andrew.
  5. Pre me, My boyfriend served in the UN for the dispute between the Western Sahara and Morocco. Every few weeks they got to take a break and they went to Mauritius a couple of times.

He said its a nice place. Small Island, very touristy, lots of sugar cane and not much to do.

We also have Mauritian friends and they love the country but also think that there's not much to do.

I guess at the end of the day, if you just want somewhere nice to relax then maybe Mauritius is the way :)

Let us know what you decide!!! :p
  6. Port Louis is a busy, dirty & crazy place. Don't travel on a bus if you value your life, the roads are deadly & for that same reason avoid a scooter/bike, there are no road rules compared to Oz.
    Now to the fun stuff. They have this Sugar cane white rum "Gold Spice" :eek: OMG if you end up going I'll send you money, I must have some! It's been 9yrs since I was there & other than a brown skinned hunni I... never mind the rum was the second thing that came to mind :oops: Try it with dry ginger, trust me it's to die for. I think the locals call it a Ginger Spice, mmmm!
    Try all the creole food, it's not that spicy-lots of meat & rice.
    I stayed at The Royal Palm Hotel, I can't tell you how beautiful it was.
    Hire a taxi to drive you around for the day, check out the falls & the 7 sands. A hint; tell your wife to use the loo's before you leave the hotel, if a gutter trap & a tap isn't her style :?
    Be mindful of the Mueslum culture, 9yrs ago it took me four hrs of wondering around Port Louis b4 I realised not only was I the only white women I'd seen in ages, BUT I was wearing a white baby doll dress that just reached my thighs... I was a little slow that day, too many Ginger Spice the night before.
    Go Go Go you must!

Ooo Marlon fishing is a blast, but anything under several meters is considered a baby (so don't get excited at anything less) the locals will laugh at you like they did me. Took me over an hour to reel in that beauty & they were falling all over the deck at my reaction :LOL:

Did I mention I'll pay you for some Gold Spice white Rum???
    Seriously PM me, I'll wait...
  7. 100% of mauritian girls i've known are HOT!

(admittedly, n = 2 and it turned out they were both related, but that's a whole other story!)

8. :LOL: Post of the day, Andrew! :LOL:
  9. FINALLY! Someone either A: got it, or B: was prepared to remark on it's lameness!

Regards, Andrew.
  10. It's Marlin!

11. Thanks all, decision decided. All booked and ready for early August. Inclusive of all food, water sports, mini-bar, and all alcohol!...woo hooo

going here..

12. Pwooahhh...

Dave...here or Scotland..choice is yours! :p
  13. Ahem.
  14. I thought that too... Dirty boy. :wink:
  15. :LOL: :rofl: :LOL: :rofl:

Oh my, I wasn't going to go there.... but since you insisted... :LOL:

:oops: What? I know not of what you speak :p

Ass-u-ming your talking to me, as far as other posts go, you're the one with the OS ticket, not me, i have a bike to look after :p
  16. You and your ass-u-ming. And we've had this discussion damn you!
  17. Fine, well I choose.... hmmm ... Mauritius... I do well in the sun :p , and more... 'scenery' ... there too i'm guessing ;) :p :LOL:
  18. Fine - just as long as you know that the castle is still part of the deal :p

And I'm all the freakin scenery you need thank you very much :blackeye: :twisted:
  19. :popcorn: Really... you two should get a room!

Dave I find it hard to believe you do well in the sun :LOL:
    Given you vampish colouring... I'll look after your bike while your off w the little lady, just bring me bak some of the sugar cane rum (& a blk man who speaks french in your suitcase).

I'm sorry was there room for my opinion.... I forgot to ask :twisted:
  20. Oh I love water sports :twisted:

* wakeboard / scuba / sailing etc

now will you people get your minds outa the gutter :p

oh i forgot one,
    nah forget I even thought of that one :twisted: