Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

mature age driver

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by bondibrummie, Sep 11, 2007.

  1. G'day Guys

    OK i'm new to this, just got me self a ct110 postie bike for a bit of fun when out in the bush but would also like to use it on the road now the question is or i should say questions.

    Bike is not registered did not get any paperwork when i bought it. the guy did write a short note saying how much i paid, dated it and gave his licence number so what do i do now.

    Can i drive on my drivers licence (gold NSW) or do i have to get bike licence if so what do i have to do?

  2. Go to your nearest RTA.

    You will need to do the learners course then P's course to ride a bike on the road.

    And your bike will need a Blue Slip or a inspection might have to be done by RTA, check with them.
  3. Back in the day I had an unregistered car which I restored, not sure if things have changed much or are different for bikes (probably not).

    Some (approved) mechanics can do a blue slip inspection... you go to the mechanic get the checks and repairs done then present your blue slip paperwork at the RTA... a proportion of Blue slips will be scrutinised by the RTA... my advice is to find a mechanic (RTA tends to be more thorough).

    In the meanwhile thrash it in the bush? Have fun!!
  4. get your license first., call RTA.make the RTA operator check all centeres near u for the quickest free spot. By nature they are lazy.

    Find an authorised blue slip mechanic give him a buzz, give him your details ride it to the garage, get your blue slip. Unless bike is less than 10 years old u will also need a AVIS inspection, your mechanic will let u know. get your green slip go to RTA get your plates