Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Matty's New Cage

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by MattyB, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Sold the bike, will be getting another (big!) bike in 12 or so months.

Heres my new treads.

Long name: Ford EL Fairmont Ghia
    Engine: Tickford 5ltr V8
    Mods: Professionally lowered with top of the line suspension (Koni adjustable shocks, Koni camber & caster kit, whiteline sway bar, etc etc etc) - full exhaust system from extractors to tip (all top of the range stuff :D), FPV GT 18" rims, alpine headunit, 2 channel amp running the rear coax's, front splits (new amp going in soon), GT snorkel CAI, and a few other bits and pieces.

But the main reason I love it? - Leather bucket seats, electric windows, powersteering (smooove!), collllld A/C (climate control), trip computer, cruise control, etc etc - all the goodies!

(Has these wheels)

I'll take my own set of photos soon, when I get a chance :D
  2. ...but its a ford?!?!? :bolt:

j/k :LOL:
  3. Can't go wrong with Koni.. :cool: Looks good Matt! (for a ford..)
  4. At least it's a 5 litre, not the ever troublesome six.....
    Don't mind the colour.
    I'm looking at buying this soon, deceased estate, so I have to wait for proceedings to end:
    Sweet little cars, 3.5 litre V8, and with a little work, they have an excellent power to weight ratio and great handling, plus are very cheap to buy. Of course it won't stay brown.
    And am selling this, as I've been working on it for 5 years and have had enough:
    Regards, Andrew.
  5. Nice car. Just don't go following Loz on the Spur with it :wink: :LOL:.
  6. you brag about it??????????
    :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver:
  7. How good is climate control? :cool: :grin:
  8. The day a car follows me up the spur, I'll hand in my helmet.
  9. Nice - Ford rule, Holden suck :grin: :twisted: :grin:
  10. Hey how much did you get it for?

My brother just bought a standard EL Fairmont. Nice car. You one looks pimped up though as his has standard wheels, not ghia, not lowered and has the straight 6.

I want him to get a spoiler on it!
  11. Woot go the rover 3500, you should have a chat to my old man about those, he loves them. (Can't for the life of me remember why)

Matty, i'll race you in the BA mate... :p
  12. Gimmi time to open her up :p
  13. I've owned it for 5 days, washed it 6 times and vacummed it 3 times.
    I don't think this is normal