Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Matching gear

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Hondaxr650, Nov 29, 2015.

1. What are thoughts out there with couples riding together and they have matching helmet, jacket and pants. Good? Bad? Like or dislike.

2. images (1).

Justus.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Like this?
    f49bbc277b3ef9935783f3df79d90468.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. You either got, or you haven't got style. :)

The saddest "matching pair" that I've seen was a bloke and woman, identical leathers, helmets, gloves, boots and bikes.

They pulled up at the Wisemann's Hotel.

Both on Harleys that probably weight well over 250 kilos.

The bloke wasn't THAT confident, but the lady was obviously scared shitless.

I've often wondered if they actually bought all that stuff themselves or if they won it all as second prize in some lottery.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Pussy whipt springs to mind, make sure you don't look to gay when riding alone :eek::eek::wideyed::wideyed:

6. That is the most pathetic, sad arsed, depressing concept...I'm not even gonna post about it!!

You life as man is over. You're worthless. You have not right to call yourself a man. What sort of man loves his wife THAT much that he:
    1: has to let her dress like him,
    2: let her anywhere near his bike, or
    3: goes on rides with her??

WTF!?!?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. It's not my style but as long as people are having fun then who really cares?

• Like Like x 2
  8. #8 dima, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
    I have matching bike-gear track onesie and also ride with my misses in whatever works for us.

And to be honest I don't give a fcuk what others think. I don't ride for anyone and it's nobody's business what I/we wear.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Whatever floats your boat

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Your allowed to look like a power ranger when your fast Dima so your all good :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Personally I think it's pretty sad. Thankfully my wife agrees.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Matching gear is lame and sad. Mine hates my camo Draggin' cargo pants anyway.

13. This.

14. Agreed. If you like it, then that's all that matters and fck everyone else. Life is too short to seek others approval.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. wear whatever works for you. If it is the same as your partners. then so be it. In the end we are all individuals, so unless you go out of your way to match, you wont.

16. image.

• Funny Funny x 7
  17. I get a buzz when I see a random rider wearing the same jacket as me (or far rarer, my Simoncelli helmet - only ever seen one other in the wild - I damn near took out my brake fluid reservoir, such was the size of the nod), but those fleeting moments are about as much sameness as I'd like. There's no way my partner and I would wear the same clothes (although we have a knack for accidentally picking to same coloured shirts when heading out socially, which leads to rock, paper, scissors) on a bike.

On the upside, drivers would definitely see you......and think "what the heck are those two doing?"

18. 2 sets of gear to match each of three bikes, sounds expensive? ;-)

19. Me and the missus have matching dresses, but matching riding gear? Sounds a little gay.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Its only something I've seen twice. Sorta catches you off guard when you see it out on the road and bam they are gone. Each to their own. I have my own style lol