Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Master Wong's self defence

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by Kermie, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Please dont flick me in boo bag!
  2. "boom on his goin and make sure the bastard got no kid anymore"

3. :rofl:
    That's pure groin smackin' Gold!!
    Loved it.
  4. That was awesome. An instructor who's a little down to earth, you don't come across them too often.
  5. Though I smell the scent of ready aggression / hate in him, which is not such a good thing for an instructor. I guess the old generation would meditate between training, the new generation plays x-box?
  6. The aggression is a little excessive for a teaching environment. You want to teach your students to win and to intimidate their opposition. You don't want to intimidate your students, or to teach a general aggressive attitude.

That said, aggression in combat is perhaps the single most important factor. Skill, strength, fitness, reflexes, technique - it all counts, but at the end of the day it's hard to beat a man who's just more angry than you are. It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
  7. I didn't see anger, I saw passion.

Fair points though.

Every instructor I dealt with had an arrogance about them and they were always too serious.

I disagree with you though Kneedragon. In an unskilled fight, yes, anger counts but in a skilled fight, patience will win the fight. IMO
  8. I don't think I've ever seen a real fight between two skilled opponents.
  9. #9 Dougz, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    Patience and relaxation will always prevail over aggression. Think about it, how long can you keep aggression up before you run out of steam? Relaxation means you won't hurt as badly when you cop one and you can also think more clearly.

My Instructor taught me not to win, but to just 'Do the work'. I instill the same philosophy in my students and it creates a calmer more in control individual.
  10. In a competition fight I agree Dougz but on the street be as agressive and violent as possible. A street fight shouldn't last more than 30 seconds max
  11. Just remember his parting words,
    Play Safe!!! WTF!!
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I didn't see so much aggression, more someone whose head was in a dangerous position, and has had to bommin da goin, or slap da ball bag.
  13. Especially if you hit someone in the boo bag, that's a fight ender right there