Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Massive thanks to (ex?) forum member Jackhammer

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by davidgock, Aug 18, 2008.

1. On Sunday evening my mate's bike broke down on the Princes Highway in Sylvania. For some (yet to be determined) reason, the clutch was constantly engaged, i.e. the drive was not being transmitted to the rear wheel. In an instance of incredible fortune, a fellow biker (Jackhammer) who was riding his bicycle past stopped to assist, suggested that we roll the bike to his house down the road. Here he:

- lent us tools
    - worked on/inspected the bike with us to try to discover the source of the problem
    - arranged for a motobike mover that he knew to pick the bike up and take it to Sydney City the following day
    - let us store the bike securely at his place overnight
    - arranged to be home for when the bike mover was home the following day

For this, Simon (my mate) and I are incredibly grateful; we were looking at being ripped off with Sunday towing fees and untold problems.

Just wanted to make this generosity known; thanks![/list]

2. On ya Jaq!

3. He's a good man Jaq . :cool:
    Hope your bikes fixed up and back on the road soon . :)

4. You should log onto his top-secret, invite-only, ego-massage, forum and thank him personally :LOL:.

5. Don't do that...he'll get upset and threaten to pull the whole forums offline.
    Seems to do that about once a week.
    *edit. Waaaaaah, crybabies. :LOL:

Regards, Andrew.

6. I may be wrong, I often am, but it was probably a bit childish appending your own agendas to a 'thanks for random kindness to strangers' message.

7. Don't worry about it, you're spot on :cool:

Jaq speaks his mind and has lived the lifestyle for the past 25 years so is not out to impress anybody.