Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Massive screw up on the VIN

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by thetrumpetplayer, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Hi all,

I'm selling my Hyosung GT650 efi to upgrade to a bigger/non-lams bike and I've made a colossal screw up in the process that I'd like to ask netrider's advice on...

I've listed the bike for sale a few places, and I thought that I should get a full 12 months rego for the buyer.

So I went to buy a green slip over the phone with NRMA. They asked me for the VIN of the Hyo, and as I didn't have it in front of me, my girlfriend read it over the phone to me on my mobile. Problem is, she read the wrong VIN. She saw the VIN of my really old postie bike that I sold a year ago. They've registered the VIN of that on my new green slip for the hyo. Are they going to reject it for the blue slip now? Will NRMA fix this and just issue a new slip, or are they going to try and sting me for another $300?

Damn this is a pain...
  2. Solution: Get rid of the girlfriend... That way you'll save more than the $300 you've spent, and you'll have more time ro ride...
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Call the insurer. They've seen/heard just about everything under the sun and I doubt you'll shock them with your tale. I equally doubt they will decline to sort it out.

It will not stop you obtaining a blue slip, they care about the roadworthy state of the bike.

It will stop the registration being issued until the numbers all match up.
  4. I would think it would help you sell the bike...

when the buyer finds out it's a postie bike and not a Hyosung that is...

• Like Like x 2
  5. I just called and fixed the VIN (phew). They were super cool about it all.
    Now the mechanic says I need certificate of registration for me to get a blue slip. I asked what he was smoking?! I need the blue slip to get rego! Not the other way around!
  6. Yeah you better run... :grin:
  7. [​IMG]