Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Marchesini Wheels. Genuine or not?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by bilonur, Jan 16, 2012.

1. I recently bought a 2nd hand Ducati Monster 696, and I noticed that both wheels have a Marchesini label on them.

Would anyone know if there is a way to determine if these are genuine Marchesini or if they are just stickers?

Many thanks.

2. Most Marchesini wheels just have the stickers on them, so they are most likely real. I know mine have a Brembo logo cast into the rim near the hub so maybe thats a way to check (Marchesini are part of Brembo). Not sure if all styles have that though.
  3. No worries, ill check to see if i can find a brembo logo cast onto the rim.
  4. What year model?

Pretty sure the Marchesini wheels only come on the 796 upwards on the current models.
  5. I checked the wheels and there are definitely brembo logos cast on the wheels, so appears to be genuine.
    Mines a 2008 so might call ducati dealer to see if they come fitted as standard or not on the 696.

Anyone know how much a pair of marchesini wheels retail for?