Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Mar 30, 2013] Honda Broadfrod Bonanza ride (Diamond Creek, Victoria)

Discussion in 'VIC' started by maduncle, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Honda Broadfrod Bonanza ride
Start Date: Mar 30, 2013 09:00
End Date: Mar 30, 2013 11:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +11:00 AEDT

Piccolo Meccanico
57 Chute Street
Diamond Creek, Victoria

Posted By: maduncle

Confirmed Attendees: 3
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 3
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":
  1. Hi all,

The Thursday night northern coffee grinders are planning a ride up to the Honda Broadford Bike Bonanza on Saturday 30th March, probably starting from Piccolo Meccanico and going the 'long way'...

"Diamond Creek to Whittlesea, up to Pheasant Creek, on to Flowerdale, over to Strath Creek, down to Broadford".

The idea is to fuel ourselves up first at the cafe (maybe breakfast 8am to 9am) then ride.

This is the stage one "EOI" to see how many might want to come along - not looking for a huge pack event, but just sharing the ride with a few others who might also want to go up to Broadford.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Interested!

Is this show an event that anyone can turn up to, or do you need to have bought tickets in advance?
  3. From what I can see - spectator entry is $25 on the day.
  4. Normally you just buy your ticket at the gate. I will be there again this year,taking photos as per usual :)
  5. Come ride up with us Jafu on the Saturday. :)
  6. I will probably going Sunday depending on dialysis, thanks for the offer though.
  7. Will meet up with you guys for breakfast and ride with you on Saturday if still going, will be myself and my son. See you then.
  8. Excellent Rod, see you both there.

So far we have:

Rod and son
  9. What's the broadford bonanza? We,re going past Broadford Saturday anyway
  10. about 25 bucks each to get in but well worth it
  11. A very big gathering of classic and vintage road and race bikes, well worth a visit.
  12. Thanks to those who joined me on a sedate ride to Broadford, I know we were passed by other groups a couple of times, but I generally try to stick to the speed limit particularly on an Easter weekend on a well known bike route on a big Broadford event day.

I made up for the snails pace road trip out on the track at Broadford on the CB450 though.
  13. Thanks maduncle for leading us there and cjvfr for guiding me to an alternate route home - so many good roads in that area that I'm not aware of! Sedate riding was appreciated on a long weekend (and I was feeling half-asleep all day, kept conscious mainly through caffeine I think).

I'm uploading the photos now, I'll put a few general ones in this thread and the ones of the Runcible's first track outing in the Runcible thread.
  14. Thanks for the lead and meeting youguys. Had to leave early as Jess was called into work. Great day and heaps of fun.
  15. Went up yesterday. Took a bunch of photos and bumped into a bunch of Netriders. Great day out.
  16. all fixed now

17. Sorry we didn't catch up again. I saw you ride by up the hill past us and was intending to catch you when you came back down again. You disappeared though.

Had a great day, thanks to Cliff for suggesting it, saw some awesome and rare bikes. Once I have the camera charged I will upload some pics.
  18. Well - my fifteen minutes of fame on the track and the bug has bit.

I am now researching CB450 race frame designs...
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.