Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Mar 24, 2013] Don Williams Charity Ride (Yatala)

Discussion in 'QLD' at netrider.net.au started by atk470, Mar 9, 2013.

1. #1 atk470, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
    there is a charity ride on in qld on the 24th march we are organising it to add a biker mate of ours which we are trying to get to the transplant games in south africa. there is a main entry prize aprox $600 worth plus heaps of raffles. sign on at 8am steelhorse performance darlington park industrial site.

the ride starts at darlington park industrial estate peachey rd (sign on 8am) heads down through canungra stopping at rivermill cafe at mt nathan, then down through nerang along hwy to chinderah stopping at bp, heading south along tweed valley way over durringbah range then back across via wooyong rd to coast then back north to finish at cabarita beach. the flyer can to viewed on ozbike mag website under events.

2. er ... um ... could you expand on the details a tad maybe? Where is it exactly? and who is running it?

3. Darlington Park Industrial Estate
    Cnr Peachey and Sandy Creek Rd
    Yatala QLD 4207

http://www.steelhp.com.au/Home.aspx

-------------------------------------
    ANNOUNCEMENT: UPCOMING RIDE!

There will be a charity ride leaving from the shop on Sunday 24th March for Don Williams. Don had a DOUBLE LUNG TRANSPLANT and is now going to represent Australia in the 19th World Transplant Games, however he needs to raise $10k to get there.

Sign on is from 8am. Leaving at 9am. Going down through Canungra --> Murwillumbah --> and finish at Cabarita by about 1pm. Cost: $25 with all proceeds going to his fund.

There will be some great prizes from us & the other businesses involved, so please show your support for this amazing man!

--------------------------------------

Justus.

4. I wonder which way they are going to Murwillumbah? I believe the Numinbah Rd is still out. I'll go have a look tomorrow.

5. the ride is not organised by any club just some mates the ride starts at darlington park industrial estate and head down through canungra through nerang down the coast along hwy and back around to cabarita beach if you go onto ozbike mag website you can view the flyer on there events section.

• Like Like x 1
  6. the ride is going done the tweed valley hwy, not via numinbah

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'm hoping to join this ride. It's for a good cause and I've never been south of the border. It's a win-win day ride. ;)

8. that's great tell your mates to come along aswell should be a good days riding.

9. It was a decent turnout considering the clash of dates with the massive blackDog ride (300+ bikes!). I should know because our ride of 30-40 encountered this heading the other way.

:wtf: