Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Mar 16, 2013] Learner Friendly Great Ocean Rd Overnighter (Brooklyn Victoria)

Discussion in 'VIC' started by Ned, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Learner Friendly Great Ocean Rd Overnighter
Start Date: Mar 16, 2013 10:00
End Date: Mar 17, 2013 18:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +11:00 AEDT

739 Princes Highway
Brooklyn Victoria

Posted By: Ned

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. #1 Ned, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2013

WHEN: Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th March.
    WHERE: BP 739 Princes Highway (Geelong Rd) Brooklyn. (BP Waurn Ponds 10-45 for Geelong riders)
    TIME: 9-30am for 10-00am leave. Full tanks, empty bladders please.
    RIDE LEVEL: Touring 1 intermediate.
    ACCOMM: Warrnambool.
    COST: $40 per person (pillions welcome).

Hi all, after numerous requests to run a GOR trip, I've come up with an itinerary/route that I think you'll like :playful:

The long range weather forecast looks good, so it's time to head out again, this time for a cruise along our scenic south-west coast. This ride will be structured to allow newer riders a chance to experience what it's like to ride in a group, on some of our nicest coastline, knowing there'll be a few experienced riders amongst them to offer support and advice.

There'll be ample points along the way where we'll be pausing to take a break, have a chat and grab some photo's. I'll be leading this ride at a sedate and cruisey pace, and like any other ride, no rider is ever expected to ride beyond their abilities or venture out of their comfort zone and no-one gets left behind, you are here to enjoy yourself. A portion of this ride will be heading inland through the Otways where there's a mix of straights and also plenty of fun twisty sections :sneaky:

**If any Geelong based riders would like to come, there'll be a brief stop at BP Waurn Ponds where you can join in.

Proposed route: http://goo.gl/maps/GAzLx

Corner marking system will be operating and I'll be looking for offers from anyone who would like to TEC (Rider at rear who helps out a rider who has stopped for any reason and also does their best to keep traffic from getting too close to the group) :unsure:

I have sourced accommodation in Warrnambool at a place that allows us to park our bikes safely away at night close to our units, and depending on numbers, most bikes will be under cover. Then it's an easy stroll to dinner and cafes as it's very close to the centre of town. Towels and linen are provided.

Numbers attending this ride will be limited, so to secure a spot please PM me for banking details as soon as you're able to confirm (y)

Amendments will be made to this opening post from time to time, so please check back here frequently for any changes, thankyou :) :)

Ned (PAID)
    Lisa (PAID)
    Fridgy35 (PAID)
    Zol (PAID)
    CameronP (PAID)
    Spenze (PAID)
    Shae (PAID)
    Biggles (PAID)
    DropBear72 (PAID)

Lisa GS500 (dinner saturday night)

2. You really should PM me to make sure you don't book the weekends I have the kids!!!!! lol
    That's two in a row! :(
  3. Pillions welcome?? (y) Sorry Dave, maybe you can play swapsies??
  4. Crap if this had of Bednar the week after I would have for sure :(
  5. Nah, she won't swap :(
    Plus I don't have gear for 2 x 9 year olds & can't have them both on the bike!!!
  6. I'm keen for this, pm sent
  7. It is not by accident you know...
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Damn that's the weekend a bunch of us are doing the Accident Scene Management Course. I'm out. :(
  9. Hey Ned,,,Run it two weekends in a row!!!
    I've got the kids each fortnight & others can make it too!!! (y)
  10. F1 season starts on that weekend if it didn't I would have been in for sure :D
  11. The weekend of the 24th is the Black Dog ride. :) April perhaps.
  12. Hey Ned, count me in. I'll use your bank details from the last trip?
  13. Thanks Mick. Will be great to have you along.

What! You'd rather watch cars go round and round than ride your bike? C'mon Ozzy, c'mon!!

Mmm, maybe......

Yep, same details Zol, go for it....cheers.
  14. Nope, can't make this one, much as I'd like to. First aid course.

Damn, I've only ever been down the GOR once, and that was in the cage.

15. Not to worry Greydog, thumbs up for doing the First Aid Course though. So you've never done the GOR on a bike?? Well, we'll have to change that........
    • Like Like x 1
  16. PM me before you set the date for that one!! (y)
  17. Payment sent. ;)
  18. Interested but not sure if the bike will be back on the road by then, put me down as a tentative please Ned :)
  19. Thanks Zol. Hope you're mobile in time Pilgrim, will be great to catch up again. I'll put you down as a maybe.
  20. Woot! Count me in. Same payment details as before?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.