Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Mar 14, 2015] Ghost Ride (Monte Cristo Homestead)

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Javah, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Have only two spots available for NSW Netriders. First come first serve.

Weekend ride for an overnight stay in what is billed as the most haunted house in Australia.

This date is tentative until I can secure availability details back from the Homestead. Dates confirmed as available. Will be locked in when deposits all paid up.

This ride involves traveling from Sydney to the Monte Cristo Homestead in Junee. Just outside of Wagga Wagga. Approx 440kms. Route details TBA.

The Monte Cristo Homestead - http://www.montecristo.com.au

Address: 1 Homestead Lane, Junee, NSW, 2663
    Email: montecristohomestead@bigpond.com
    Phone: 02) 6924 1637

Dinner, Ghost Tour, Bed and Breakfast, $195.00 Per Person

A non refundable $50 deposit per person is required within 7 days for Dinner, Bed, Breakfast Tours to confirm your booking.

>> Wait for advice from the ride organiser how and <<
    >> when to pay deposit, and when to pay full payment <<

Note: If you are vegetarian, or have food or gluten allergies, please advise upon booking.

What to bring
    A comfortable pair of shoes and a torch. B.Y.O. Alcohol.

Note: Cameras, Video Recorders are welcome........see if you can capture an anomaly on film like some of our other visitors have! Note: Responsible Service of Alcohol. Management Reserves the right to Refuse Entry to anyone under the influence of Drugs or Alcohol.

Check in - from 3:00pm, Check out – 10:00am
    Tours Starts at 7.00 pm, Daylight Savings Tours Start at 8:00 pm

Terms and Conditions

A non refundable $50 deposit per person is required within 7 days for Dinner, Bed, Breakfast Tours to confirm your booking. (No Deposit = No Booking).

You will not be staying in the haunted rooms, but in the comfortable and spacious guest rooms.

Configuration of rooms are as follows:
    - (Rms 1, 2) Two rooms contain double beds
    - (Rms 4,5,6) Three rooms contain a double and one single bed
    - (Rm 7) One room contains a double and two singles

Note: you may have to share with persons in your group and this can mean sharing a bed. We have extra mattresses and are more than happy to make up a bed on the floor for you, at your request.

Photo Comp

There is a prize for the best spooky photo taken. Judges will be attendants of the following monthly NSMG meeting.
  2. Meetup for the ride is the Coles Express Service Station, Neutral Bay. Behind the Oaks Hotel. Departure time is 7:00am sharp
  3. Hey mate, count me in.

Just a couple questions before I commit.

1. Size of group going

2. Can I join the ride at some point along the route

3. Is sleeping in the haunted house an option? Have my own bed roll, Sleeping bag, pillow.
  4. Hi Clint,

The number in the group will be 10. Whilst accommodation facilities at the Homestead will cater for a few more, I'd like to keep the number at 10 this first time round.

You can join the ride at a point along the way. We would work out where would be suitable and what time, exchange contact details and I'd SMS you when we depart.

Accommodation arrangements provided by the Homestead do not include sleeping in the haunted rooms themselves. "You will not be staying in the haunted rooms, but in the comfortable and spacious guest rooms."

If you know of someone else who might be interested, pass the word. One spot left now.

I will stay in touch and reach out for deposits soon.

5. I could bring the mrs, or is it a boys trip?
  6. Now sharing a bed with some other bloke is a "haunted experience" by itself, especially if am snoring LOL :)
  7. I spoke to the Mrs. she'd like to come so that would fill your final spot.

Also would it be possible for us to get one of the double rooms? or are they already earmarked?

I'll PM my phone number for when you are taking deposits.
  8. Hi Clint. Your wife is most welcome. I think that will make it 4 ladies in the group now. She will be in fine company. Taking deposits now. PM me yr phone number and I'll send you bank details to transfer deposit to. Put your name in transfer reference so I can see who the money has come from to track deposits. Can't take cash. Prefer security of bank transfer.
    I've reserved one of the rooms with a double bed for you and your wife Clint. Room # 1 for yr reference.
    Season greetings and stay safe over these holidays.