Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC [Mar 12, 2016] (VIC Feeder) Third more Annual Multi State Meetup (Jindabyne, NSW)

Discussion in 'VIC' started by cjvfr, Jan 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
(VIC Thread) Third more Annual Multi State Meetup
Start Date: Mar 12, 2016 08:00
End Date: Mar 15, 2016 08:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +11:00 AEDT

Jindabyne, NSW

Posted By: cjvfr

Confirmed Attendees: 18
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":

The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. #1 cjvfr, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    The 2016 Multi State Meetup is on again. All are Welcome.

For those not familiar with the event it is a three day ride based on Jindabyne in NSW. The first day ride to Jindabyne from Melbourne, a meal and a nights partying. Second Day a ride through the great roads of the area and Third Day say goodbye and head for home.

The ride welcome new riders but make sure that you have done a bit of long distance practice first. Some of the stretches are a couple of hours in the saddle.,

A NSW contingent generally makes their way from the Northern State and maybe even States further afield if possible. Be sure to check out [Mar 12, 2016] (NSW Thread) Third more Annual Multi State Meetup (Jindabyne, NSW) and RVSP there if you will be joining the NSW feeder ride.

The ride is based on Victoria's Labour Day weekend, the 12th, 13th and 14th March

Ride Organisational Details

We are staying at the Siesta Villa

Address: 56 Jerrara Drive,
    Jindabyne East, NSW 2627
    Phone: 02 6456 7146

There is no fuel in East Jindabyne, if you need fuel get it on the way through at Jindabyne if you need it. We will go back into Jindabyne on the Sunday run and fuel up before setting out for the day.

I have done some preliminary planning for the trip up from Melbourne for those coming up for the 3 day experience. If you are taking one of the options you will need to speak to the leaders of those rides for times and meet points.

First Departure Point: McDonalds Plenty Road Mill Park
    Time: Arrive 8:00am Saturday 12th March for departure 8:30am

Second Departure Point: Mobile Service Station 31 High St Yea
    Time: Arrive 9:45 for a 10:00am departure

There will be breaks approximately every hour. The first fuel stop will be Mansfield, 170km from Mill Park and 80k from Yea. Next refuel will be at Beechworth and a stop of approximately 45 minutes for lunch. We will reach Beechworth at approximately 1:00 - 1:15. Beechworth is about 140k from Mansfield. After lunch the next fuel stop will be Khancoban, 175k at approximately 4:30 taking into account some breaks. Then the final stage, with a stop at Tom Groggin at the top before the run down into Jindabyne approximately 108k. We should arrive around 6:30pm

The distance is about 590k but we will be taking it in easy stages with plenty of breaks.

Accommodation and Food Costs

Costs include Saturday and Sunday nights accommodation, Dinner Saturday night, breakfast Sunday Morning, a BBQ dinner Sunday night, Breakfast Monday morning. An option of Hot breakfasts is available for each breakfast at a charge of $30 extra.

Note I had made an error on the Bunk room prices below originally posting them at $150 they are only $115 for the two days.

Single Room: $215/room
    Double/Twin: $260/room
    Three person Room: $350/room
    Bunk Room: $115/person

Use the link below to book your room, and indicate if you want the Hot breakfast option. When the booking is made it will show your charge under your room booking. At the moment I am not taking money probably around mid February I will start prompting for money. When I receive your payment a Paid icon will show under your booking.

Note this only covers the standard three day trip, if you are taking either GreyBMGreyBM or NedNed 's extended options you will also need to speak to them about their payment schedule and prices.

Extended Rides

The extended versions of this ride are firming up. For people's information you have two extended ride options anchored by the standard 3 day Interstate meet up. These both bring the ride out to 5 days but covering different date ranges.

Option 1: Friday 11th March - Tuesday 15th March

Option 1 is a 5 day ride intended to give an easier ride up for riders who are not used to longer distances. It spreads the ride up and back over 2 days each. So you will have the opportunity to see some extra countryside at an easier pace. It does mean you will need 2 extra days of leave and accommodation and food costs.

For details and to join this part of the ride go to its specific thread

[Mar 11, 2016] Third Annual Multi State Meet Up (Jyndabyne NSW) - 5 Day Ride Option (Vic)

Ride Co-ordinator: GreyBM

Option 2: Saturday 12th March - Wednesday 16th March

Option 2 will ride up on the Saturday as part of the three day ride and have an additional Alpine ride covering Tuesday and Wednesday. You will need 2 extra days of leave and accommodation and food costs. This ride is currently going to travel the Falls/Anglers/Swifts Creek/Hotham (or vice-versa) Bright loop. Excellent roads so well worth it. Please arrange your accommodation if you are going to spend the extra 2 days at Bright.

Ride Co-ordinator: Ned
    • Like Like x 2
  2. #2 Bee, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    I promise im going to make it this year :p
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Hmmm...very tempting...

4. Whats stopping you ? Like Nike said JUST DO IT or something like that :p
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Need to check a few things...but recently bought a Kriega US10 and a 30. What a fantastic co-incidence!! ;)

Might be a good opportunity to test them, methinks!
  6. If I can get leave, I'll be in, plus going on the longer version if it happens.
  7. Umm are there two threads???
  8. :) Yes a Vic thread and a NSW thread. I will make it more obvious and shift cross posts around when I get a chance.
  9. So one can RSVP on either thead??
  10. Yes but if you are in the NSW thread you will have to join a NSW feeder ride and visa versa. ;)
  11. That's gonna be difficult, I've done both!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. ;)

No thanks... VIC is the 'place to be'...
  13. Oops. Didn't realize there were two threads. I was posting in the wrong thread
  14. #14 GreyBM, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    I had been toying with the idea of making this a five day ride. This way you get to do the trip up and back over 2 days each, My plan wasn't really to cruise more of the roads but to spread the same amount of roads out to make the trip more accessible to riders not used to doing 6-700 Km a day which over 3 days can be pretty tiring. Spread over 5 days you'd probably only be doing 300-350 Km or so a day - not too much different to a Sunday l ride. However it does mean paying for 2 extra nights food and accommodation.

Having done the trip a few times, I would probably go up via Black Spur, E-J road, Whitfield Rd, Granya Gap and Alpine Way with an overnight stay at somewhere like Myrtleford or Bright.

Trip home offers greater choice. Could do Mitta Mitta-Omeo Rd, or Bonang Hwy and where you stay would depend on what route you took. Bonang is great but has a dirt section and Would be slippery if it rained.

On the "rest day" a lap of the Kosciuszko National Park (about 350 km) is a great trip. But longer trips are possible.

If you are considering going on this weekend and haven't done too many trips or haven't done the big daily kilometres, then the five day version may be a better/gentler option.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Definitely maybe
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sounds good, I'm a tentative yes
  17. Could people responding also please indicate whether they are interested in the 3 day or 5 day option.
  18. fcuk yeah
    • Like Like x 1
  19. so you're keen then ?
  20. thinking about

for the last fcuking year
    • Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.