Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Manhattan crisis

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by dropbear, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Whilst undergoing my mid-life crisis i purchased a scooter ( Manhattan 150L)

Whilst new to riding i've found it great to ride.
    The manufacturer is well known outside Aust. ( xingyueshen )
    NRMA did a review in April 2008 said it was ok.
    They have a nationwide deal with "ultratune", very handy.
    I get a 150cc, 16" wheels, topbox and alarm ( great if you don't want pissheads riding ya scoot outside the boozer - scares the crap out of em; or ya don't plan on theft insurance) as standard on the road for $3000

I'm a happy customer/rider :grin:

PS: If in Melbourne you see a silver Manhattan, black stackhat (with bullet holes) it's the dropbear!
  2. Welcome dropbear!!
    Brave man to take on Melbourne on a Manhattan!
    No other riding experience???
  3. i cant believe that username was available :shock:
  4. Welcome! You will cop some stick here riding a scooter, especially one called The Manhattan!

But stick around, you'll have fun!
  5. Hi Dropbear,
    Im guessing you have had your Manhattan for a while now - how is it? (Or was it?) Im looking at getting one but have heard very mixed reviews?
  6. .......................

Attached Files:

7. Sadly, the dropbear has a post count of 1 meaning he's almost certainly not around to read your question... and haswasted one of the neatest handles extant! Bah!
  8. damn, maybe he 'fell out of a tree'? lol
    sunny today in melbourne maybe he/she's doing a latte down near the beach??
  9. & he last logged in in 2008, so may not be checking the thread regularly ;)
  10. Hahah I know! I saw the lates and thought id still g ive it ago - maybe someone on this thread can help.? has anyone else had or has a Manhattan?
  11. Stirred, not shaken