Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Man with a big spanner

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Tiga, Jan 15, 2006.

1. I think my bikes got a plan to get me to meet more people whom I would never normally have anything to do with

I spent the last three days on the Mornington Peninsula and given the plethora of cops and nuff nuffs in the area, yesterday I headed through Gippsland and down to Wilsons Prom.

I stopped at Fish Creek (to get fuel before the last stretch to Tidal River) only to find I couldn't start the bike. The kick start had randomly jammed and no amount of pulling or prising with my little bike tools could get it moving. After consulting the lady at the servo she recommended I head around to the truck mechanics shed. Sure enough i find said truck mechanic (I think) and his mates in the shed and request help.

Request is met with no eye contact and complete silence. The guy I had spoken to then ambles away and fishes around in a truck. I'm starting to contemplate just quietly disappearing when he produces a huge spanner with some comment like "this'll probably do". He didn't seem to be speaking to me so I'm not really sure. He then wanders towards the bike with me in tow. Attempts at small talk being met with a kind of grunt - obviously not the talkative type.

Fortunately, despite being mute he was indeed handy with his spanner and after a couple of bashes the problem was sorted.

So with the bike going again I completed the ride - what a spectacular area!

And as for the bike, i got my own back with it. At the next servo it did the same thing so I walked inside and requested a "big hammer" :LOL: :LOL:

Hasn't misbehaved since.....
  2. Great story Katherine :) Did you get the phone number of this mute? :LOL: Enough room under the RS's seat to store a hammer, just in case? :wink:
  3. well thats what i do if some thing wont work hitting it with a hammer will usualy do the job
  4. Taking to the RS with a hammer was very satisfying. Maybe i could find room in there for a little one.

.....but then again it was partly the size that did it for me, even if it wasn't totally necessary :LOL:

5. Geeze, hate to be you and be drunk then come across a willing partner :)

Kinda gives a new meaning to the phrase "I'll knock your head off" :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
  6. or "I'll blow your mind" :wink: :LOL:
  7. Hmmm, considering where most mens minds are said to be, that would be an offer many would not refuse :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  8. lmao.. gold comments.

you know what they say.. if you have a bigger problem.. get a bigger hammer..

im sure you can buy hammers that fold down.. they have a lock on them so the handles dont break open while you are swinging them.. that way you might be able to get an even bigger one under the seat :D:D:D
  9. When I was a mechanic the motto was ....

"if in doubt, give it a clout... bigger the doubt, bigger the clout"

and ....

"if at first you don't succeed... get a bigger f-in hammer"

Seriously, I'd get the kickstart looked at, IIRC those engines were based on the Suzie 2 strokes, they had this weird washer/spacer and roller/spring arrangment on the other end (right side) of the kickstart shaft, you'll need to open up the side cover to find it.

10. Might have to look into that :grin:
  11. Don't worry to much about the Gippsland "grunt" although its not as bad in the east. Must be something to do with all that wind blowing through West Gippsland. We just have sunshine and beaches and a few mountains.
  12. i think it has more to do with the truck mechanic mentality I Q of 60 gets you an automatic pass in the trade certificate exam .... and Iffracem....when i was in the trade we used to call them precussion instruments ..... or copulating tools (coz once you got really pissed off it was usually F*@cked) :LOL:
  13. Strong silent type ?

And good with his tool ?

Sounds like a real find for some lucky chick out there :p