Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Man lost overboard at Kurnell found by divers

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Ljiljan, Jun 26, 2011.

1. This man was the father of one of my best friends. His and his sons live for fishing. The sons are incredibly strong swimmers and divers and despite being injured in the crash nothing short of being physically manhandled out of the water by the police would have stopped them from diving trying to find their dad.

Understandably his family are a mess. Please pray for them as they come to terms with this.

2. Thats no good buddy. A very real risk when you are on the water as i witnessed recently up here - a tugboat capsized when they lost steering and girded the barge they were towing, and the towline pulled them over. The skipper who was actually the old gladstone harbour master drowned as a result.
    Keep an eye on your friend. Sounds like he and the family will need friends around them.

3. Do what you can for them Lilley.

4. Sorry to hear it Lilley do what you can for them mate.

5. yeah i saw the search and rescue teams out yesterday.

sorry to hear mate - look after them in this time

6. Deepest condolences to your mate and his family Lilley. Hope you're coping ok, being it's the Dad of one of your closest. Family comes in all forms and it's never easy to lose a family member.
    Thoughts are with you too mate.

7. sad to hear mate, definitely not a place to be at night, i also used to fish there at night on my boat and u cant see a thing, pitch black

8. Yes, they were coming home from a day out fishing for tuna.

9. Uncle of a workmate of mine Lilley.

Sad news.