Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Man fined for blowing his nose in traffic

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by waedwe, Jan 29, 2010.

1. http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/1005385/driver-fined-108-for-blowing-nose-in-van
    It's in the UK and would be pretty funny if i thought it couldn't happen here 1 day

2. The UK continues to be one of the worst places in the world.

edited for more accuracy :)
  3. I hope his lawyer reams the prosecuting officer 'til his guts fall out!
  4. In the country where they uphold a speeding charge even after acknowledging the person wasn't actually doing that speed? Not likely.
  5. From Melrose Place?
  6. There's a hole in the world like a great black pit
    and the vermin of the world inhabit it
    and its morals aren't worth what a pig could spit
    and it goes by the name of London
  7. Was this a normal blow, or a double-handed-steering-with-your-knees-through-a-kindergarten blow?

8. ..I was wondering if he would have still got the fine if he had just wiped his nose on his sleeve!!... 8-[
  9. It was a 2 handed jobbie, but he says he wasn't moving...

England still the best place on earth...
  10. If there was ever a good excuse to shoot a cop that would be at the top.

11. we need excuses now ?
  12. That quote doesn't specifically say he wasn't moving, just that his handbrake was on.

Perhaps he was doing it mid-handbrake turn?
  13. [-X

It was not in London.

It took place in October 26 2009 in the High Street in Ayr, a town of some 46,000 people
    in the South of Scotland, 32 miles Southwest of the country's largest city Glasgow.

PC Gray earned notoriety for doling out a £50 fine to Stewart Smith, another Ayr man, who
    dropped a £10 note from his back pocket. Mr Smith was charged with littering.

Bill Aitken, MSP, the Conservative justice spokesman in the Scottish Parliament, condemned
    the police behaviour as perverse. “Frankly, when this sort of thing happens, it is quite depressing
    for those of us who wish to uphold the Scottish legal system. This matter should proceed no further.”

& again from Scotland (today).. :LOL:

14. His fog lights being could have hurt the eyes of a toddler playing on the road - this i why he was fined
  15. As mentioned it was Scotland, a country renowned for Being Different ;)

Mind you, I'd be more worried why it took four policemen to book the driver :-s

BBC News

16. :rofl:

In all seriousness though, I do wish something would be done about twatwaffles driving around with their fog lights on when there's no fog, especial the rear fogs.

17. ..because it was in Scotland!!.... :eek:hno:

18. They don't have their own top level domain, they're still part of England as far as I'm concerned :)
  19. In a previous life, I was responsible (!) for a division of sailors based at Prestwick, near Glasgow. The Glaswegian Polis "took no prisoners", and there was many a sorry sailor on Monday when they got back on board having transgressed on Saturday night and run foul of the Plod.

Rough justice, but better than a court case and a criminal record [-X
  20. .. Highlander meets the Sweeney??.... :-k