Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Malaysia Motogp (advice needed)

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by The duke, May 1, 2008.

1. Just booked some flights to Malaysia for the Sepang round of the Motogp in October. Very excited!

I've never been to the circuit before and was seeking some advice.

Does anyone know where the good grandstand seats are? Is there good accomodation nearby? Any advice about the track would be appreciated.
  2. If you are going general admission the best spot is the grandstand at the start of the back straight. Sit at the start of it not the end, as that's the spot they practice their starts at the end of each practice session which is pretty spectacular and very loud. If you haven't seen the 4 strokes in person yet you are in for a treat.

The teams stay at the Pan Pacific which will be fully booked but there is another little one very close by but I don't remember the name sorry. Concorde Inn rings a bell maybe.
  3. I sat at the K1 Grandstand for the 2001 F1 race.

Could see a fair bit of the circuit from there.

I stayed in KL at the Istana hotel. 5 billion star and so was the cost but the finance dept insisted.

Not much to do in Malaysia other than to procreate :grin:
  4. Most good accomodations are in the city itself which is about an hours drive to the circuit.

There is a hotel near the circuit but thats crap.

Whats your price range like pernight?
  5. Heeeeey there's heaps to do in Malaysia! Can't help it if the law allows men to have four wives and 20 kids while earning a salary of $300 a month! :p

On topic: check out this link. http://www.booking.com/searchresults.en.html?city=-2403350

The only thing I would like to say is that unless you have your own car – if you’re staying at a hotel far away from the circuit – be prepared to book your cab to and from the circuit.

Hope that helps

6. Thanks for all the advice. Keep it coming. We've only booked the flights so far so we're open to any ideas. Probably spend a few days in KL first then watch the Motogp practice / race etc.
  7. Have you spoken with Ducati yet?

The way that Melandri is going, you might be able to get yourself a ride.....