Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Making up new wiring link

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Crash_Rubes, Mar 25, 2007.

1. I reckon I need to get a new Regulator Rectifier having eliminated all other options. The RR checks out with a multi meter but it gets bloody hot. After a 20 minute ride with the lights on it is actually quite cool to the touch and the battery is drained/dead. Battery was only just replaced recently.

One option I am considering is getting a cheap universal 5 wire part off ebay. These come with a 3P and a 2P connector. This would require some wiring changes as my loom has a single 6P connector direct to the RR. I don't want to make any permanent changes to the existing wiring loom. Instead I would ideally like to get a new male 6P connector, some cable and a 3P male and 2P male to make up a link between the original loom and the new part.

Can you get these connectors anywhere or am I dreaming? If they are available I suspect they would be cheap as chips so the total cost would be under half of a OEM copy part and way, way less than what Honda want to charge for their slightly less than fantastic version.

By the way I have a Spada. The RR is printed as SH609-12 which I understand to be the original P/N 31600-KY2-703.