Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Making the 'new user' message stop

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Stever42, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Hi All,
    I've been lurking around the page for a while now and decided it's time to make the annoying messages go away.
    I've been riding since the start of 2011. A bit of a New Years resolution of her's to get our licenses and go out riding.
    We're more into cruisers than sports.
    After a few months on the little Virago we bought for her I needed more speed so went out and bought a brand new XVS650 custom.
    Loved it.
    She never really took to the bike though so when the rego was up on the Virago she decided that she'd really just be happy to ride on the back with me so hers went back to the shop and I started looking for something bigger to better handle the extra load. I found an XVS1100 custom that ticked all the boxes and it's been great.
    I ride every chance I get and we've done a few major rides over the last year. HOG poker run, Toy Run, Black dog ride.
    Some of you might have seen me about.
    I look forward to meeting many of you out on the bike. Enjoying the weather and the ride.

Steve

2. Welcome Steve, Congratulations on your De-Lurk. I would be careful of calling the partner "extra load" ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Welcome Stever42Stever42 ;) (better late than never) :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. About 3 years and so and so months minutes seconds late .. seee you got more than one response :D

• Like Like x 2
  5. Welcome mate! :cool:

Hahahahaha :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Rather late than never - although I have the perfect excuse. I only joined in Jan 2014.

• Like Like x 1
  7. :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gees, only 7 posts, including yours and mine! Sheesh! Don't go looking for mine either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Indeed welcome aboard :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. You must come around to Elwood.. For the Saturday practice sessions.. Very helpful for new learners..

:D

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. Hi Stever42Stever42 commiserations on your one reply, sending big virtual hugs :)
    PS: be careful of all the weirdos:troll:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Weirdo's? Where?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. Apparently me, seems I'm a nerdish barista with the inability to park my bike sensibly...

... need some way to change the perception...

... meh why bother? It's all true! ;)

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Howdy and welcome to NR Stever42Stever42 :ROFLMAO:. You should come on a group ride. I hear they're awesome fun. :happy:

• Like Like x 2
  15. I acknowledge your parking skills can be sharper but it could be a lot worse as well

upload_2016-8-4_19-35-4.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Welcome! Seems this thread got parked Strom-style for a while.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Welcome Stever42Stever42, if your looking for a good ride come to Ararat in February for the Ride to Remember, and bring your loverly wife (arrive early and we can run amok on Saturday night) :LOL::LOL:(y)(y)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Ah. This is great. Finally, a welcome more fitting to you Stever42Stever42. Bloody legend

• Like Like x 2
  19. Howdy and welcome to NR Stever42Stever42 :happy:! Have we met? Geez....twice! Hope next Feb won't be an exception. All the usual suspects from 2015 and 2016 are invited (y)

image.

image.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  20. Thanks BeeBee and all you other weirdos.
    Lol.
    I didn't remember what I had written back then. I remembered later that cjvfrcjvfr had replied.
    Thanks for making me feel 'special'.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1