Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

making keys do dif things on keyboards

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by OldBellHelmet, Nov 18, 2008.

1. ok all you IT people out there. with my limited knowledge and complete lack of love for PCs i have a hardware question...
    is it possible to make a key that i dont tend to use into another enter key.. say one of the windows keys..
    reason - i would like an enter key on the left side of the keyboard.
    this is something i would like to know is possible to be done easily rather than stripping the thing down and adding a flux capacitor.
    winner gets a beer.

2. http://www.autohotkey.com/

learn that sucker, seems very basic at start but it can be quite useful, but not sure if it will do exactly what you want. Once running as required, set computer to run the 'file types' (think they are something like myfile.ahk or something) with the autohotkey program and place "yourfile.ahk" in the startup folder.

i used this one so when i push [ then ] without anything in between (i.e. [] ) i get my server address typed on the screen instantly (as i was typing it a million times). Also, when i typed it backwards; ][ i would get my email typed out.
  3. thanks.. will give it a run and see what happens.. i'll be in melbourne for a few days at the end dec start of jan so ill get that beer to you then.