Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

making every ride special

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by jphanna, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Guys,

i know that lots of you are able to ride every day, commuting or even after work for a quick blast around your favourite loop. half your luck.

bottom line for us is that we may be able to only ride a decent ride once every few weeks. reasons (brady bunch scenario), we simply cant just drop everything and take off. so our motorbike time is a carefully planned event. i spend a lot of time on google earth trying to find a good combination of roads that link to other great loops that ultimately end up at a nice destination for lunch/coffee drinks.

to the lucky guys who can just gear up, get on, and blast off.....enjoy. you are very lucky.

we may be known a the weekend warriors/wobblers, but we absolutely treasure our rides, we may ride lawn mowers with big wheels, but we are no less enthusiastic about what we do on our bikes, than the guys that shred the back tyres.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I feel your pain. Right now we are a single income house hold (3 adults - I have to say that now because the youngest is 18) and we can't afford to get out for rides as much as we'd like.

I ride everyday but my wife only gets out on her bike (well actually she rides my bike because she doesn't like her bike, it causes too much pain) once a month or so when we have some spare money to put extra fuel in the bikes.
  3. I have found that I don't need to do anything extra to make a ride count. If I'm out and riding for no other reason than I choose to, then to me it counts.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I know what u mean, I ride to work every day....all boring freeway & barely ever get a day off.... today day off and total rubbish weather ruins it :( working on my 4x4 instead