Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Make a point of not taking your gun to your wedding

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Ljiljan, Aug 9, 2010.

1. http://www.smh.com.au/world/groom-accidentally-kills-three-at-wedding-20100809-11qlq.html

A Turkish groom accidentally killed his father and two aunts at his wedding when he fired into the air with an assault rifle in celebration.

Eight other people were wounded in the incident at the village of Akcagoze in the south-eastern province of Gaziantep on Sunday, the Anatolia news agency said.

The groom unleashed a volley of rapid aerial shots with an AK-47 rifle to celebrate his nuptials, but lost control of the weapon and accidentally raked the guests with bullets, the report said.

The victims died in hospital and the groom was arrested.

Turks are notorious for shooting into the air to celebrate weddings and sports victories, a practice that has caused many deaths and which authorities have so far failed to curb.
  2. #2 PhoenixRZNG, Aug 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    Darwin Awards Special Mention.
  3. I went to a wedding in Jordan where they were letting off fireworks every half hour or so. My friend told me that it was encouraged by the government as a way to stop people shooting into the air at weddings - mainly because people were getting killed when the bullets came back down.
  4. Would it kill people to load their rifles with blanks??? Sheesh! Common sense people! :rofl:
  5. probably cheaper to buy real bullets than blanks.
  6. ..Now there's a way to get rid of the mother in law....... [​IMG]
  7. Fine....
    If no one else is going to say it.

I guess there is such a thing as a "shotgun wedding".... *groan*

I feel dirty now... :shock:
  8. have you guys seen the video of the turkish guy who gives a child his guy so the kid can join in the festivities... then gets shot in the stomach?
  9. yeh. it was posted on here i think.