Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Major Service... how often?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by Lectre, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Hey All d-_-b
    I was wondering if someone could tell me how often (IE how many km's) I should get the old "Major service" done for my CBR600 F3?
    I was also wondering about whether it is worth the money to get my baby dyno-tuned (if you have an opinion I'd love to hear it!).
    Thanks again

2. Oh and by the way... does anyone have an opinion on Iridium Spark plugs?

Thanks NR... you guys rock!

3. just go on whatever Honda recomends. It should say in your owners handbook/service log book. Or alternatively call a honda dealer and ask for the workshop, they should know. I think for something like that it will probly be around every 12000k's.

As for dyno tunning, i dont see any point, all you will do is add unnecessary wear to your engine. Honda has tuned it well for the standard setup, so unless you already have major mods to your bike you wont get anything out of it.

4. Dyno tuning for a street bike is a :jerk:

If you were putting it around a track and needed to get the absolute last ounce of power out of the bike sure, go for it.

Most people do a couple of passes for bragging rights.