Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Major Service - CBRF3 - whats involved?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by lukemc, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Ive had my CBRF3 for over 12thousand kays now, changed the plugs when i first brought it and have changed the oil and filter 3 times. Now comes time for me to admit i cant do much else and assume its time for a "major" service at a mechanic.

What should i be getting checked out? I dont want to walk in and say, can i get the "major" service thanks (as being skeptical i can only assume this would mean, please ream me!)

Any advice welcome.

2. no advice here?

3. I'd be guessing and say the main things to do are carby tune/balance, perhaps valve clearances (check your manual for when it needs to be done) and a check of the other fluids and consumables. It's possible they'd flush your brake lines for you, possibly look at new pads depending how hard you are on them.

But the $$$ bits are the valves and carbies, and they're the bits that you probably aren't that confident doing... right? :)

4. dito on tenoq post , they will also lube all your cables and flush radiator and check for leaks etc if you find a good mechanic its money well well well spent

5. yeah valve clearances im definatly not sure of, and carbies same! Maybe i should wait till its not my only form of transport and have a go myself!!! at the moment if i screw up, im walking!

Thanks guys