Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Major oops!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by vic, Jun 11, 2009.

1. [Source:theage.com.au]
    Dumped mattress lands cash in trash in Israel
    June 10, 2009 - 11:14PM

A stash of cash landed in the trash when a woman in Israel dumped her mother's mattress not knowing it was stuffed with the equivalent of about one million US dollars.

Israeli media reported that the 40-year-old woman showed up at a garbage dump in a panic on Tuesday, looking for the valuable bedding.

She had bought a new mattress for her mother and, wanting the gift to be a surprise, threw away the old one. She then found out the decades-old mattress contained her mother's life savings.

Workers are helping her search the garbage, but have found no sign of the cash so far.

2. Tough luck for her I guess.

3. Holy crap. What was she saving for?

4. A lot of old people prefer to keep their money in their own homes, rather than in bank accounts.

Nothing unusual here.

5. A new mattress.

6. she's jewish. enough said :)

though, i call bullshit as she seems not to be forthcoming with particulars to authorites.

oh, and 1 milliion in U$ surely would make that matress rather heavy, no?

1mill.

7. Good call...I'm smelling BS with this story.

8. They must have excessive bank charges there too

9. I also call bullshit.

Working an average I.T job in australia, after taxes it'd take about 30 years with ZERO expenses to save that kind of money.

Pretty sure grandma of a 40 year old wasn't on a decent wage the last 20 years.

10. WOW! I heard there was good money to be made on your back :LOL: :wink:

11. Her matress wasn't the only thing getting stuffed for years.