Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Maintenence battery charger

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by V4bloke, Dec 5, 2008.

1. I have bought a Battery Fighter maintenence charger similar to optimate etc. and have never owned one of these before - it comes with the usual fitment to be permenantly attached to the bike. I don't ride my bike too often and the battery keeps running down, so I'm looking forward to using this charger.

My question is, do u need to remove the caps on top of the battery while using this charger? I have an older bike with the larger older style battery. The chargers maximum charging rate is 750 MAH. The instructions with the charger don't say either way.

any help appreciated :)

2. These things are good. Use them myself.

No, you needn't remove the caps, but make certain that your breather tube is not blocked or kinked in any way, and that the end of the tube wont dribble on your bike. Put a longer one in there, if you need to.

3. Thanks very much for that :)

4. you planning to leave it plugged in to maintain the charge or use it to recharge a flat battery?