Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Magnetic Biker Tag Bag

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Bigchief, Feb 7, 2008.

1. I've done a search on e-tag, tag bag etc. here in NR and found a topic in just about every discussion forum...so..... here goes.

I contacted these guys roundabout Nov/Dec '07
    and was told that the 'Magnetic Biker Tag Bag' has gone into production and would be available shortly.

They even claim that their product has been tested by the RTA:

The RTA itself makes no reference to this ''Magnetic Biker Tag Bag' on its own website, so my question is, is 'John Sample Automotive Pty Ltd ' & 'MerCanE Pty Ltd ' just full of sh*t?

2. Most e-tag providers have a pouch for motorcycle riders already.
    Just freaking ask! I have one and it's awesome. It's an arm band, never fails, is water proof, and it was free. When I'm done I ever leave it on my jacket (it doesn't fall off between the elbow/shoulder pads) or I shove it under my pillion seat.

Why do people keep on insisting they have no solution!?!!

Alternatively, be that douche who buys a bag from a 3rd party. lol.
  3. You're assuming I haven't asked the RTA... I was informed (by the RTA) that they don't have holders/pouches for bikes at the moment.

As for the whole armband thing - also heard that this is not advised because when you fall it creates in point of impact.