Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Magna in the Blue Mountains

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by 22over7, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Hi all.
    I'm Pete and I've recently gotten back to riding after a 20 year break.:]

I've owned various bikes, from trail bikes, up to a Goldwing and sidecar, but never a cruiser before.
    This time around, I was looking at fuel efficient commuters that still had a bit of style, or that I could customize enough to be less vanilla flavoured for weekend riding.
    I didn't want a sports bike, they only come alive at speed and I'm no longer interested in going fast ... most of the time.
    I was very tempted by one of the current mid sized tourers, but I couldn't stretch my budget that far.:'(

In the end, I came across an older, grey import, V twin Magna cruiser (VT250C here) that ticked all the boxes.
    It's reasonably fuel efficient for commuting (104 km round trip), it's got plenty of style and has options for further customization and it's comfortable cruising at legal speeds.

I've been riding it for a few weeks now, starting to change things to suit me and averaging 3.4 l/100 km so far.

2. welcome aboard pete:] what state you in
  3. Welcome mate, must have some nice views on your commute.
  4. Thanks for the welcome.
    I'm in the Blue Mountains, just west of Sydney, NSW.
  5. Thanks for the welcome.
    Yeah, riding through the mountains never gets old, commuting or not.
    On the other hand, the M4 motorway is boring as ###.:sour:
  6. Welcome to the forum mate