Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Made2Race Saber Leather Jacket

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Itchy22, Dec 11, 2006.

1. G'day all,

I am new to riding (finished Qride last week) and hope to purchase a bike in the next week or two. I have been doing the rounds of the shops to check out gear. I was going to buy a Drimesh Climate Control 2 Jacket, but the more I read and thought about it Leather seemed the way to go.

I came across a Made2Race Saber Leather Jacket today, which can be viewed at.

http://made2race.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=71

It felt really good and I really liked the perforated leather chest & arm panels.

The internet site seems to give everything in US dollars. The asking price in the shop is $470 less 10% if I purchase all my gear there.

Has anyone have any experience with this jacket or anything in this brand?

Is the price reasonable?

Should I go for a different brand of Leather Jacket or go back to a Drimesh Climate Control 2 Jacket?

Whilst I am at it I am also thinking of getting a pair of AXO (forgot the model number) boots which have good ankle, heel and toe protection - $300

AGV Stealth Helmet $400 (I tried on all the brands and it seemed to fit best)

RJays Jet Stream Gloves - $60

Draggin Jeans $200 plus Knee Armour $40

Xena Disc Lock $100

If anyone has any opinions on the other stuff that would be great.

As mentioned there would be a 10% discount because of the bulk purchase. Is this reasonable or should I be trying for more?

I won't be buying my bike from there (buying a mates) but will probably get it serviced there.

Thanks in advance.

Itchy

2. $1500 worth of gear... push for 15% doesn't hurt to ask. 20% if you got the balls
    Casually mention Winter is just around the corner and you'll probably need a full set of winter gear... oh wait your in the sunny state... does it even get cold up there?

3. Itchy sounds like you have got it covered, oh get 2 sets of draggins if you can!

4. The only thing I'd be worried about with only having a leather jacket is getting rained on. Maybe you could buy one of those sexy 1 peice outershell things and keep that under your seat just in case you do get caught out. The M2R jacket looks nice and for the price its a good deal. Spose you wouldn't need a thermal liner in the sunshine state either....