Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Made2Race = Dririder

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by RacingTurtles, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Webbikeworld just run a review of M2R Rally Cross jacket. It looked strangely familiar in the pictures, and it didn't take me long to realise why: this is exactly the same jacket sold here by Dririder! Only the labels are different. This goes for their Rally Cross pants as well...

As it happens, my May issue of Two Wheels came with Dririder catalogue. Armed with it, I went to M2R website where I found a few other items from Dririder range - Nordic boots, some gloves, and the mesh jacket, exactly like the one I've got.

I just thought it was mildly interesting, because M2R have been advertising in our bike mags lately, and I was pleased to think we were getting another competitor, and more choices. Unfortunately, it looks like it will be another 'virtual choice': different labels, the same stuff underneath. Although so far the ads I've seen for M2R mainly advertised leather jackets and suits. Still, it makes me wonder whether M2R and Dririder are just two faces of the same company, or two separate companies using the same supplier?

Either way, it just goes to show that brand names don't mean a lot anymore, if you needed any more proof.

2. so, if they're the same quality, which one is cheaper?
  3. A lot of the Dririder gear is sold in the USA under the M2R brand name. I wonder what type of business arrangement they have?
  4. Well, according to the review, the American 'recommended price' is U$249 which is equal to A$298 at todays exchange rate. According to my catalogue, our recommended price is A$349. So the same jacket is fifty australian dollars cheaper in the US.