Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Made my decission

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by PigironBob, Nov 14, 2005.

1. I have been looking to purchase a larger bike for some time now. Larger than what you ask? Well a GSX 250 1983.
    Have settled for a new Yamaha XVS650, black in colour, 2004 model, brand new, no kms on the clock and got it 2k cheaper than new price which I thought was a good deal seeing as 2001 second hand ones are going for around the same price.

See it here http://www.fivestaryamaha.com.au/new_bikes/cruisers/xvs650.html#

All comments welcome.

Keep on crewzin!!!

2. congrats on the new bike. will your next bike be a harley.

3. Harley, mmmmmmmm don't think so, they are expensive and from what my reseach tells me they can be unreliable and troublesome. Although to be fair they are good looking Bikes and also they seem to have addressed the reliability problems in some of the newer models.

No I think this little Yammy will do me to tonk around on for quite a few years.

4. Hi mate,
    I had a look at the very same model down at FiveStar last weekend. Good looking bike thats for sure. I reckon if i was ready to move up right now that would be the bike i'd look at first (purely on looks i must admit). But alas i have some time to go on the sub 250 category.

5. cograts on the upgrade in size ,so next upgrade mmmmm sportsbike ,double mmmm kawasaki zx9r

6. Well, if you're going to buy a cruiser, it might as well be an attractive one! Good buy, bob, please keep us up to speed (!) with your on-going analysis as the weeks go by... others will certainly be interested.

7. [/quote]Z900
    PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:25 pm Post subject:
    cograts on the upgrade in size ,so next upgrade mmmmm sportsbike ,double mmmm kawasaki zx9r[/quote]

Nope, sportsbike days are well over for me at 54.

There is a white one available at Cully's in Balcatta which I nearly bought but Five Star was $100 cheaper!!!

Yeah will try and post a weekly update on the bike as I go along.

8. He wants to enjoy his riding Craig :LOL: :LOL:

Congrats PigironBob :D

9. Congrats Bob!

You just joined Boogieman & myself with recent purchases of a Star. We've got the whole lot now - you have the Drag Star (650), Boogieman has the Wild Star (1100), and I bought a Road Star (1600).

You will have MANY long hours of fun on the back of your new ride.

10. I used to have a Malvern Star, does that count :D?

11. The Star club maybe?? Nah don't think so !!