Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Made MMM traffic report Wednesday morning

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by cnstr, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Fot those who haven't heard yet, the NSR was sent to the bin on Wednesday while on the way to work. Had a lovely lady decide my lane was where she wanted to be and sent the NSR to the bin.

While lying in the back of the ambulance on the way to the Alfred, not feeling much thanks to the 'Penthrox' (it ROX) had the driver quite jovially say, " dude, you even made the MMM ride report"' motorcycle accident on the Monash.'

After about 15 minutes of being told to shut-up by the paramedic in the back (those who know me would understand) and then another hour of getting told to be quite and stop moving around so much in the trauma ward, i was allowed to leave with a very sore foot, smashed helmet and thoroughly ripped jacket in tow.

got to milk the crutches angle for about a day, then got bored and decided to go to work.

Public Transport SUX...........
  2. damn....glad you're relatively ok :wink:

tis the season to for motorcycles bingles it seems :(
  3. did the lovely lady stop and give you her details etc?

got bored and went to work!? :shock: sounds like you've got a severe concussion :p
  4. Bored and went to work????
    Now THAT is a worry; I'd be thinking about going back to the hospital. It sounds like a post-accident disorder of some sort to me (though i'm not a doctor, I must add)
  5. hope you get back up and running soon man.

(penthrox, if that is the stuff that is in the green pen it does rock works a real treat too, and "tastes like texta smells like" .. yeah it sent me to the fairies)
  6. Get well soon Brent, I hope the silly bint had the decency to stop after she caused the accident. :cry:
  7. oh thats sad to hear, glad your doing okay though.
    Hope there was some lovely nurses looking out for ya making your stay a bit more comfortable
    Sad to hear about the bike, hope you get back on two wheels soon
    take care
  8. sorry to hear about your off but glad to hear you came out of it realtively ok.
    Any news on the driver? did she stop? did anyone slap her?
  9. Mend quickly...glad to hear your relatively okay!
    Take care out there peoples!
  10. What's the full list of damage to you and the bike?

Mend well!
  11. tell me more, tell me more.

i wanna find out wear to get that penthox or woteva it called. its sends you off allmighty quick, but coming down off it sent me into depresion... maybe it was just realisation
  12. Glad to hear you're sort of ok! bugger about the NSR (netrider bike!)
  13. glad to here your OK brent

so whats the insurance rating now ? level 439 :LOL: :LOL:
    the way your going mate it will cost you $1000 a day to insure your bikes :wink: :LOL:
  14. Brent

Sorry to hear about the off but glad to hear that you are okay.

Hope the foot will be back to new shortly.

15. WOW, glad you are OK, but, more importantly, :LOL: :LOL: how is your tongue???? :LOL: :LOL:
  16. If he did not have that puppy rolled up it could be nasty
  17. its ok , thats why his foot is sore , he bit down on it
    (foot in mouth most of the time ) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  18. I was bloody wondering who it was that went down. Glad to hear your O.K. Should come over Sat night, we'll make a toast to the NSR and observe a minute silence. :-({|= :-({|=
  19. since the last post didn't come through, wiz, she's getting charged with failing to give way and has admitted fault to the officer who attended.

matt, apparently the front-end is fcuked, but i haven't actually seen it yet so will prolly be a write-off.

sorry mel, but they were all male nurses, oh, you'd like that, just forget i said anything. did meet a cute chick who was helping out with the filming of that emergency ward t.v. show they have on ch7, cept she rides a scooter :)

and don't worry mitch, tho tongue is just fine, as Thundercat can attest after tonight.
  20. Hope you are all okay Brent and you are back on the road soon.

Catch up with you soon.