Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Machining Cases around Botany area?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Steamfrog, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Hi I have a banshee case and jugs that have been sandblasted, nice and clean but they also did the matching faces where the gaskets sit. Does anyone here now of a place around Botany that can do case, jug machining to level out the rough sandblasting.. I would really appreciate some names or links..

I would prefer to go direct as the bike shops will chuck on a mark up and probably just send them out anyway..

Not Sydney Motorbike wreckers.. they ripped me blind on a paint job and I'm NEVER going back there.

Cheers big ears..
  2. How rough is it? A plain matt surface should be OK with the gasket. Minor pitting would take up with a smear of the goop of your choice.

Machining will, obviously, reduce the dimensions of your components, possibly (depending on where the surfaces are) requiring some major work shimming and fitting to get everything back to where it should be.