Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

MA License for Track days

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by slideways, Jun 12, 2012.

  1. so I've done a couple Champions ride days now... and definately will be doing more.

    On their site they mention that buying a MA License will save you about $20 per track day on fees, and that the License itself costs about $80 for a year.

    So if you do more than 4 track days a year you will save money..

    I can't seem to find out where I can get this license.. I've looking on the MA website, and I'm pretty sure its the Recreational License, but the only application form is a single day one.. for $20.

    Can someone point me in the right direction, and also to the correct license?

    I've read around that it also gives you access to practice days at a cheaper rate?

    I'm only doing Track Days at the moment, no racing or anything like that.... yet :demon:
  2. Check the list of MV (if you're Victorian, I imagine MQ would have the same thing?) affiliated clubs on the MV website, join a club, once financial (another cost to consider), the club secretary can write you up a 12 month recreation licence (which are brand new, many club officials do not know of them yet) or give you a 'signed' & 'stamped' licence application form that you complete and send in to MV with the money (which had been the usual way in the past).

    Sorry I replied with Vic details before seeing you're from Qld. I'd imagine clubs would operate the same up there.
  3. I thought the proper MA licence was closer to $280/yr? (plus yer club fee's)....
  4. That is only if you are racing.

    I am pretty sure track days are considered recreational riding. So you can purchase the "Recreational License" for track days permitted by MA. I think this is also the same license for those who have recreational motorcross/trail bikes for a bit of bush bashing. National standard. However if you want to be 100% sure, I'd contact MA to find out :).

    From MA website

    • Like Like x 1