Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.


Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Somatic, Oct 9, 2011.

  1. I've searched for this, and couldn't really find any information, so sorry if I searched incorrectly and this has been answered before.

    I'm just a bit perplexed. I need to take the M7 tomorrow morning to parramatta and wanna know if I just need to register my bike on my cars e tag or how does it work?

    Thanks guys.

  2. Correct. And you are supposed to ride with a tag.

    If you dont. I think you will get a non payment letter, and you can fill that in with your tag info.

    Makes sense to have your bike plate tagged to your eway tag.
  3. So where doyou mount a big cumbersome ugly looking tag on a bike? That's crap!!
  4. I've never had an issue and I just have my bike rego linked to my RTA tag. I can't be certain, but I think I've been on most if not all Sydney toll roads without issue.
  5. If you add your bike's rego to the tag, they will charge the toll to your account.

    If you don't, they will send you a letter requesting payment (because they wouldn't know which account to charge to).
  6. Ok, done that. M7 here I come
  7. i use to take the m7 every few days and i just quick hoped on the pillion seat and covered my number plate with my feet ;)

    Cars always use to then drive past me and give the thumbs up
  8. dont worry about all the other cameras on the M7, theres shit loads, youll get done in the end