Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

m/c gear and security conscious premises- consulates.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by twainharte, Aug 27, 2007.

1. don't know where to put it, so...

anyone on here venture into a consulate, particularly the US, with m/c gear (off, obviously)?

any drama's?

been there a number of times in the past and it was a pain back then carrying minimal stuff.

lugging all this extra stuff, this time around, may mean i may be scrutinized a little more which means delays and if any of you have been to the one in sydney, oh what fun it is to stand in that line for the better part of a day and then have to deal with the 'tude from behind the bulletproof counters.

2. Have been into the US consulate in Melbourne many times and you just about have to strip down to your underwear before you are allowed in...you have to leave almost everything you bring at the check in point - you can't even wear a hat so helmet hair is all the rage inside :grin:
  3. Go commando so you "have to" wear at least your pants in :wink: :LOL:
  4. I went to the US consulate once as a courier, just after the 9/11 event and the anthrax postage scares...

I was delivering a bunch of Aussie flags for some ceremony or other. When I picked up the flags at Parliament house there were no wrapping or bags around them, I was concerned that they might get dirty or damaged. So I grabbed a plastic bag I had left over from a hospital delivery and stuck them in that.

It was only as I was walking in the door of the consulate that I realised the bag was bright yellow with a biohazard symbol :shock:
  5. Brillance! Sheer Brilliance! :p :LOL: :LOL:
  6. lol awesome
  7. rofl, i normally run around commando style, if i ever pay a visit to the embassy i'll have to trow on a pair of boxers
  8. I've been to the Chinese consulate in Melbourne twice in the past week in riding gear. No particular problems there. (Except for waiting in long queues like everyone else.)
  9. what does one do at these consulates?

ive never ever been :cool: :LOL: