Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Lunchtime in the city...

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' at netrider.net.au started by davesquirrel, May 5, 2011.

1. Clearly should be renamed "moron hour".

In the space of ~500m getting from the bank to my office (yes, could have walked but I like the sound of my bike now):

Exhibition Street - dee ked in BMW weaving around like an idiot. First one nearly had me swerve into parked cars. Thanks for that. Second time I was expecting it so had backed right off.

Top of Collins - if you're going to stop and drop off your passenger, who has loads of bags to get out of the back seat, don't do it on the only bit of single lane road next to a tram superstop. Thank you however for leaving a VTR sized gap on your right though.

Outside the office - pulled into the tramway to turn right across the oncoming traffic, muppet in a Subaru decides that while he can see the parking space across the street, he can't see a motorbike because it's not tram-shaped or tram-sized, despite the fact that it's the only thing approaching from in front of him. Thankfully i'm only doing 15-20kmh as it gave me time to stop and give him a loud blast on the horn.

Ah well, at least the journey home tonight will be less infuriating.

2. Yeah one thing I can't see myself doing is city driving, I have a hard enough time in the car with people cutting in front and what not, don't know how some people do it day in and day out.

3. Morons everywhere, I lose the plot driving around the city during the day. I would probably kill someone if I was on a bike.

4. I work in Exhibition St and CBD traffic is pretty shite. It's all worth it though when I show my workmates where I've parked (footpath outside the office), haven't paid a cent for it and can cross the city in a fraction of the time they can. Riding home is also a nice way to end the day.

5. 'cept when it's raining........

6. Fixed that for you ;) :D