Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Luggage Rack - lockable luggage options for Virgao 250

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Celia, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Hi,

I wanting advice on what options are available for some sort of luggage that I can lock for a Virago 250.

Givi don't make the brackets to attach their boxes to a Virago. (Ihave a Givi top box from a previous bike.)

Has anyone used a Yamaha luggage rack? Are there any other options out there.

I tried buying a Ventura rack - but firstly it only comes in black, not chrome, and to fit it I would have to remove all the chrome that is currently on the back of the bike, which ruins the look.

I don't need lots of space just a bit of room to lock my laptop and work things if I go out after work, or other small things like that.

Appreciate any advice.

2. Buy a magnetic tank bag, and take your valuables with you.
    No matter what you buy, even if it is lockable, is only a bolt on accessory, thus can easily be unbolted by would be thieves.
  3. Have you tried contacting the manufacturer about a chrome version? http://www.ventura-bike.com/content/home.aspx

Also, +1 what Caz V1 said regarding security and leaving stuff on your bike unattended.