Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Luggage Rack for Roadliner solo seat.

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by skins, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Just finished this rack for my Yamaha Roadliner. I modified a Bakup Backrest a while ago so I could ride set up as solo seat.. It was OK but the original backrest used the passenger seat as bracing so a rack to replace the seat was needed. OEM solo luggage rack is over $320.00 but did not attach to the backrest.
    A couple of meters of 8mm 316 S/S rod, flat bar and a lot of trial & error and the end result is quite pleasing.
    I had to make a jig to get the curves right so the next one will be easier.
    This design is similar to Victory and HD after market racks, just the mounts have to be changed.
    Any one wanting something similar, I would sell them for $150- $160 depending on mounts.
    Cheers photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 1.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. :) that looks great
  3. Thanks . Was a bit unsure when I started but really pleased with how it tuned out.
  4. After looking at it in day light, I think the mounting brackets standout too much. Makes it look bulky. Next time I will make them less obtrusive so the middle gap is clear.
    Anybody want this one, going cheap.
  5. IMO it might be more useable if you made the rack flat and extended bars down to the rear mount.
    Pretty neat though.
  6. I can do that too if that's what you want. Would be cheaper too coz easier!
  7. I've already got a rack so it's not for me per se, I was just looking at it for useability rather than aesthetics if you were going to produce many more.