Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Lucky It Wasn't Me

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by chrisco, Nov 5, 2012.

1. On the way home this afternoon I was a few vehicles behind a truck in heavy traffic about here. A flat bed semi came around the corner rather quick and off the back of it came two 2 metre hardwood posts about 100mm square. They came off at head height, one went under the truck in front of me into the right lane and the other hit the bottom of the truck and flicked under the wheels. The back wheels of the truck managed to jam (no brake lights).

I was just thinking, so glad that was another truck and not a car or bike. Then wishing I had the gopro on (only just bought it so waiting to make sure it is going to stick before riding with it).
  2. Yep - you always have to be weary of flat bed trucks, or trucks in general - unsecured loads are our worst enemy. Hopefully something happens to the driver.
  3. #3 Gurbachen, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012

Also truth, in the cage or on the bike, always be careful around truckers. Drove past one on City Rd a couple days ago, transporting what appeared to be giant round plastic tables, half the load was scattered across the road.

:edit: Should mention the truck was stopped with hazards on in the middle of an intersection, two guys in the back trying to get all the round things back on the truck.
    • Like Like x 1