Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

L's test, Great Idea.

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by GreenNinja, Apr 5, 2007.

1. I'd like to congradgulate the NSWs state government for introducing the Leaners test.

It teaches the basics of riding such as gear changing, accelerating and breaking, aswell as safety and riding techniques.

It has saved numerous lives and avoided many injuries and also saved you dropping your own bike. Why not drop someone else's (with a crash cage :LOL: ).

2. The down side to it though is they don't give enough time on L's so u have to upgrade to ya P's early i know some people will love it cause they get to upgrade quicker But im talking about the one's who aren't so confident and need some more learning time...

3. They should just let you be able to sit on your Ls for a year instead of 6 months, they dont need to change the minimum time

4. A agree with this, because because of the minimum 3 mths you really have have 3 months to go on your Ps.

5. Cage L's last two years. I see no reason why they can't do the same for bikes.