Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ls & Ps Question - Follow on thread

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Alison1474, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Sorry I know this should be added to a previous thread but for the life of me I couldn't find it....

There was a thread mentioning that if your over 27 you don't need to display your red P plates (other restrictions still apply) and although this was originally regarding Vic roads, other members mentioned that this was also the case in NSW.

Just wanted to let you all know that I had it confirmed today by Stay Upright and the RTA that within NSW that is not the case.

Would hate for someone to get busted for this (as I probably would have cause I liked the idea of not wearing them :) ).

2. Never heard of that rule in NSW. The VIC rule I believe is if you have a full cage license, you don't need to display your P's (normal provisional restriction still apply).
  3. That Vic rule is likely to change if the current GLS proposal holds. There wont be any credit for being previously licensed.