Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by vladpp, Jun 24, 2008.

1. #1 vladpp, Jun 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    I just got of the phone with DECA, I'm booked in for the learner permit test/course this Thursday.

I feel confident that i can pass the practical, but I'm a little paranoid about the theory. What kind of questions can i expect? Roadcraft? Motorcycle Maintenance? The mathematics of a perfect turn? Brain dead questions such as "What does a red light on a stop mean"?

On a slightly unrelated matter, how tight are rwc mechanics and vicroads rego people on the amount of smoke coming out of the exhaust. The bike is just running a tad rich. My camera is not being very cooperative, but i found a video on youtube that is similar to my situation.

2. Just finished reading it. Thanks very much.
  3. Hi,

The vic links are over here (along with the other states):

There is also a pointer to a ridetek training site which is supposed to explain it further, though it doesnt seem to be up at the moment :roll:

4. Just got back from DECA with a slip of paper stating my permission to ride motorcycles until i get the plastic permit from vicroads.

I got 14.5 seconds on the slow ride and 5m in the emergency stop (plus i accidentally did a stopie during practice :cool:)

Now i just need new indicators, brake pads and rego and I'm set.
  5. :woot: Congratulations!
    Time to run amok on the roads :grin: