Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Lowering the suspension

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Miss_dj, Feb 25, 2006.

1. I have a Hyosung GT250R which i just bought a little under 2 weeks ago and have dropped it 4 times (the latest being yesterday!) %$%^ :evil: :cry: :mad: :?

I bought it @ Peter Stevens in Dandenong :evil: who were meant to drop the suspension by two notches (as thats all that is could go) and i found out they didn't... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I have now had to buy a new mirror and indicator and have to get the scratches on the fairings buffed out (if they're not too deep) :evil:

What should i do? :cry:
    ANy advice :?:

As cars can be lowered, can bikes have the same?
    And what kind of cost would i be looking @?

2. Umm .. why do you need to ask? You take it back and tell them to do the suspension as agreed!
  3. Ouch! :( I feel your pain. I got mine a week ago and dropped it on the first day. Havent had any problems since. Was while riding slowly into a mates drive way and the nature strip had a depression in it where my right foot happened to go. I still remember how everything went in slow motion as I tried to hold it up but slowly lost the battle against gravity. I was stationary by this stage and tried to put it down as gently as possible. Still, cracked the indicator and put a small scratch on the fairing. :cry: Luckily the indicator cracked cleanly in two, which was easy to superglue back together. Thats a mistake I wont be making again (with any luck!) :) Hope you get it fixed up and looking good again!

BTW, what colour is yous?
  4. Hey!

Mine's hot red! :biker:

Thanks for your concern :)
    Where did you buy yours?
  5. Red's nice! Looks like a Duke! Mine's black, I got mine at Peter Steven's in Ringwood. Got about 800km on the clock already. I love it! Only another 200km to first service, then I can take it above 6500rpm! :)
  6. You're short I guess DJ? Yes you can lower the suspesion on a bike - obviously the downside is less cornering and undertray clearance and less travel...

There are a few ways to lower a bike, but the best way is to get a lowering link for the rear and shorter or cut springs for the front...It is truely a job for a pro though - if you are in Sydney then Terry Hay's Shock Treatment is probably the best around by reputation - it is certainly where I would take it...

Good luck - and don't give up!