Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Lowering pegs on a CBR1000RR

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Edward VH, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Anyone know of a simple way to lower the pegs on a cbr1000RR.

There are some products out there, but mainly only sold in the US that I can find.

I don't find the stock height that bad for commuting, although, I get sharp pains in my right hip on longer rides. Was hoping that lowering the pegs by an inch or so might help.

Anyone got any ideas? Any products sold locally? Any footpeg plates from another model that will do the job?

Cheers...

2. Easiest way would be a set of Buell foot pegs - they'll drop your foot about an inch.
    i had a pair on my old CBR900R.

I don't know about local retailers, but they're cheap enough to order out of the US and postage is quick.

3. Thanks for that No Face... do you have a link by any chance? Then the question is, did it make any difference to the ride comfort?

4. I bought a pair off ebay like these

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Buell-Ri...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cea847ea9

Postage has gone up since I looked though. Plenty of other retailers come up on a google search, so I'd hunt around for better rates.

Don't be tempted by the cheapy anodised foot pegs on ebay - they're ridiculously huge.

They made a big difference on the CBR, but then without them I couldn't get my knees under the tank. They did need a bit of thinning on a linisher to fit the honda foot peg mounts.