Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Lowering Hyosung GT650

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by TheMav, Oct 6, 2013.

1. My Hyosung GT650 Comet is a little too high for me to flat floot when I need to reverse the bike. I'm waiting for my 2" lowering links to arrive, looks like 4 nuts on/off and everything is done at the rear end.

Question is if I'm dropping it 2 inches at the back, should I lower the front as well and if so how do I go about this?

2. You can raise the forks in the trees.

Take some measurements before you make any changes from fixed points on the bike like the rear fender (back) and perhaps the sump bolt of fork stem tube (front).

It's important if you lower the bike that it remains level, also make sure the front can travel its full range so you don't smash anything the first time the forks travel upwards.

I'd avoid playing with the suspension at all and look at modifying the seat, you are able to narrow it between the thighs and thin it out you will probably gain more adjustment than doing the suspension and with out alteringt the geometry of the bike.

3. Thanks Mr Eastwood

4. I would also look at lowering the seat. Might make it less comfy though

5. If done properly you might make it more comfortable.

if you are short you might find the seat in its current configuration places pressure on your thighs and/or but.

If you get the seat rebuilt, you can uses much better materials than the OEM seat like memory foam and jell pads, even though the seat is thinner it will be better suited to the individual and probably more comfortable.

6. I would buy a different bike