Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Low Speed/Idling Issues.

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by etl.00, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Hi all

Recently I just did a service of my Across 250, it didn't go as smoothly as planned so long story short I had to take the exhausts off and put them back onI had adjusted the pilot screws back to their presets, and the exhausts had a little bit of issues getting back on. But there are two issues plaguing me at the moment.

1st is not as bad, there is white smoke coming off the engine block around where the exhausts fix into it, but no increase in sound.

2nd is it seems too have issues at low speeds and idling, when idling it has a slight popping noise. When at slow speed it doesn't rev as much as it should and lacks power until it starts picking up speed, and when it does all the revs pick up to where they should be.

My thinking is the exhausts haven't been put on tight enough hence the smoke, or its just a bit of gunge left on the pipes/block. But for the low speed I think I may have knocked to carbies out of balance and made the mixture too lean.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Replace your exhaust gaskets, between header pipe & head.