Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Love the Beast

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by AntiSol, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Not strictly bike related, but I watched a great documentary last night about the love affair that can develop between man and machine. It made me think of how I love my bike.

It's called "Love The Beast", and it's a documentary by Eric Bana about his first car - an XB Falcon coupe. He's kept it ever since his teenage years and since then it's become a 600hp race car which has been completely rebuilt, more than once. I didn't even know he was into racing.

I don't want to say too much - spoilers, but I thought it was really great and that I'd recommend it here - if you're in love with a vehicle, watch this film.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. It's a good yarn, despite the cringe-inducing bogans rhapsodising about their Fords, maaaate!
  3. He made a mess of it in the Targa Tasmania if I remember correctly.
  4. Correct
  5. yeah i wouldnt be too worried about that anymore.
  6. Haha, well I'm part bogan myself so to me it was just 'I think I know that guy's cousin'. ;) And as for it being a ford, meh - couldn't care less. But that particular car will always be cool, cuz it's the interceptor in my mind ;)

I really felt for him when he crashed. You could see on his face how heartbroken he was.

heh, I should have known that everyone here has seen it. I'll therefore also assume that everyone knows about 'Faster' and 'Fastest'? I'd love to hear about other bike-related documentaries I haven't have seen.
  7. The BEST bike doco ever is now very old, but is a true classic, despite. Browse YouTube for "On Any Sunday".
  8. Love the Beast - brilliant.
  9. Thanks, downloading now.

One which might fit into the "oldie but a goodie" category is "Mondo Enduro". A bunch of guys riding from the UK across russia, across to canada, down to south america, across to africa, and finally back up to the UK. I'd love to do a trip like that. It's not the greatest cinematography (or editing, or sound mixing, etc) in history, but it's worth checking out.

(To pre-empt the smartasses: no, they don't ride from russia to canada or from south america to africa, they ship the bikes and fly [in planes, not by flapping their arms])