Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Love him or hate him....The Kentucky Kid MTV Movie

Discussion in 'Multimedia' at netrider.net.au started by cejay, Nov 22, 2007.

1. MTV followed Nicky Hayden for a year and created a two hour documentary special on his last two races of last year and his title defence of this year.

The show was aired last week in the US and due to overwhelming international demand has been uploaded to the MTV website for viewers outside of the US to watch the full program (Not UK, Ireland and Canada apparently).

Love him or loathe him, I think the way he handled the disappointments this year has elevated his standing. No histrionics ala Rossi and Pedrosa, just head down hard work.

Anyway, I love bike racing, so any documentary about it is worth watching.

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1573916&vid=189081

I caught an interview with the producer of the show on Motogpod.com. She'd never been to a race before this series, is now a committed fan and event travelled to the last race under her own steam to watch the racing. Note, in the US, Motogp hardly rates, so for MTV to commission and make this program was a risk.

2. The Yanks I chat with on a US-based bike site are all over this. As you said, MotoGP gets crap coverage compared to the roundy-roundy's, so these guys are just about wetting themselves! :grin:

3. God that cut-cut-cut sensationalist MTV editing shits me!

4. Thanks for the link Cejay, I know im gonna enjoy watching this :grin:

Now that the season is over what are you keeping yourself busy with? Trackdays? Practise days?

5. Racing!

Last race of the season for me in the Hughie Hoare Memorial on the 1st and 2nd December @ Broadford.

6. Im working that day so i wont be able to come cheer you on but good luck!